Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Project: FOW

I mentioned in a previous post that I was interested in building the Hermann Goring Division and the US 3rd Division forces for an Italian campaign. I have purchased some platoon packs of infantry, but before I start painting them I thought I would work on some vehicles that have been waiting too long in box on a shelf in my home office. I'm sure some of you know the kind of thing I'm talking about here.

Anyway, I am working on a platoon of Stug G IIIs, a couple of US trucks, a couple of Flak Panzers, and a couple of SdKfz 251/9s. The Stug Gs will have a spot in one HG panzergrenadierkompanie, as might the US trucks. I thought I would paint one of them to look like it was captured and redone in dunkenkelb. I'll probably leave the canvas in US Army olive or dark green. 


I'll post some pictures later of the finished models, but in the meantime I thought I would show a picture of resin models soaking in mildly soapy water. I'm pretty sure the blue-gray color is not just the liquid soap; I'm pretty sure that is the reagent or whatever it is that sticks the miniature after the molding process. As the Battlefront folks suggest, clean the resin models before painting!

I'll be up front here - my miniatures and my photos of them probably won't knock you out. But I think I can say that I'm probably one of the few hobbyists who will show you a picture of miniatures taking a good soak after a good toothbrush scrubbing. 

Also, here's a picture of the Stug G IIIs and US trucks drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment