Back in December I got a chance to do a little work on my rather extended FOW Summer Project. The 251/9Cs are about ready for action. I need to add a crewman or commander or something to at least one of the vehicles.
The Flakpanzers need a bit more work. I have done some work on the gun mount - which I still think is missing part of a gun shield, but I think I can draft a piece of thin card for the job. The most significant thing I did is get a nice basecoat on the AA vehicles. I started with Testors' 'Africa Mustard' spray paint - and it looks very much like a spicy brown mustard. On top of that I sprayed that last bit of Tamiya (can't recall the actual name, but looked like a good dunkengelb to me), and it really seemed to work well.
Recently, I finally made the plunge to build my US support platoons - HMGs and 81mm mortars. More on them in a later blog.
Aircraft used during the Spanish Civil War - Over the past two days I have been working on the section of my book that deals with air forces that took part in the Spanish Civil War. This has proven to...
10 hours ago