I finally finished up the flakpanzers - part of the summer project for last year!
I can't recall if I mentioned it before, but I tried out the Late War German Armour spray from Battlefront (I believe Army Painter makes it) on one of the flakpanzers. It makes for a great shade of dunkengelb. While I'm not crazy about the price of $15 US retail, it might be worth it in time saved and great color (it serves as primer too). Since I picked up a can in the discount bin real cheap, I can't complain at all.
Instead of using a mix of black and brown inks, this time I just went with watered-down black acrylic paint. It left a lot of smudges and I like the effect.
The last thing to do for last year's summer project is to put in crews for the 251/9s. I've already started the next summer project - more on that later.
The Battleship Holiday: The Naval Treaties and Capital Ship Design - I've always had an interest in ship design – particularly warship design – and when I realised that this book had been published some months ago, I decided...
10 hours ago