Monday, March 14, 2011

Coming Up: Review on the Wargames Illustrated Artillery Issue

I have not quite finished reading my copy of WI #281, but I will offer a more in-depth review and some insights from the writer's perspective for this one as soon as I do. I can say this about the theme - there's quite a few gems on the subject of 'Artillery through the Ages'. As for my contribution to the theme (Greco-Roman artillery), it challenged me in ways I didn't expect - and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only author that felt that way about the project. I think we managed to pull off a rather interesting set of articles that mix history, technology/engineering, and gaming in compelling narratives.

Also, I have not forgot the promised review of Pathfinder Bestiary 2. I'm still giving it a good study.

More later...

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was a very good idea and good issue as a result. So good indeed that I actually bought a copy, which I don't usually do any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! I've learned all kinds of interesting bits, from mechanical concerns to tactical methods.

    ReplyDelete